Start the wrist-slapping now. Why in the world am I JUST now showing our first ever video tour? In these almost two years of blogging, I could have been showing off my mad pro videography skills! (And in a minute, you’re going to see how completely sarcastic that is.)
Anyway, the other week I jumped onto Periscope and shared this tour. If you’ve never heard of Periscope, it’s a live video streaming app that has chat capabilities. So there are parts in this video where I answer a lot of live viewers’ questions and talk to them, which might seem really weird if you don’t know what Periscope is. It’s a lot of multi-tasking trying to walk around and focus a camera while reading viewer responses, answering them, and trying not to talk with my hands.
You can follow me there @blesserhouse if you do Periscope too! It’s tons of fun…and way too much of a distraction for my own good.
So on to the tour!
A few things you might notice:
- We still have lots of progress to make, several untouched rooms, and a couple of “real life” areas in our house, but I wanted to share how far we’ve come so far since moving in in December 2013.
- I should point out, our house is way more clean in this video than it is 95% of our everyday. Our laundry is totally shoved into our bedroom closet with the door closed. Keepin’ it real. Don’t look around your disheveled house and think I always have my own mess together cuuuuuz… I don’t.
- Lessons learned: Next time, I will go much faster and not focus on every little detail because WOW Miss Long-Winded over here. And I probably should have turned my fancy schmancy camera (a.k.a. iPhone) horizontal. Oops.
- No idea why I pointed out our security system. Exciting stuff, right?
- Lola, the dog-who-thinks-she’s-a-cat, makes a cameo appearance and is a total diva about it. (“Why is that camera in my face? Yawn. I’m going back to sleep.”)
- We have lots of plans for many places in our house but this was more of a “document where we are right now” kind of video. Our master bedroom and kitchen are on my radar next, so we’ll see what happens there. It would take hours to tell what my plans are. And those plans will probably change in the makeover process anyway.
- Yep, I woke up our napping kid at the end. She’d been snoozing for 2.5 hours at that point. Don’t you wish we could still have naptime as grown-ups?
And if in the middle of all of my potentially nausea-inducing spinning and twirling you got lost in our house, here’s our full floorplan. (Most is accurate with the exception of our master bathroom/closet layout that we opted to upgrade in the building process.)
So that’s where we are! And I’m thinking I see a room reveal on the horizon for next week. Wink wink.
If you’re curious about any of the projects or rooms we’ve done in the video tour, you can hop over to the project gallery to check them out.
I gotta say, considering how our house looked less than two years ago, I’m pretty amazed how much we’ve done on a pretty small budget. I can’t wait to see how much we’ll have knocked out even a year from now.