(Affiliate links are provided in this post. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.)
It’s like Christmas in October! I’m not one to go nuts about a big sale. (Even on Black Friday whenever people are lined up at stores in the freezing cold, I’m like, “Y’all have fun with that. I’ll be at home in a turkey coma, thanks.”)
But Amazon Prime Day is the only one I prep for. And with it being close-ish to the holidays, it’s the perfect time to knock out Christmas shopping early too.
Prime Day 2020 is a 2-day sale on October 13-14 this year with huge exclusive deals on over one million items (literally) for Amazon Prime members. Prices drop to all-time lows that beat out Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales.
If it all feels overwhelming, here are a few tips to make finding the best deals during Amazon Prime Day a bit easier.
5 Secrets to Get the Best Deals During Amazon Prime Day
1. Create a “Watch List” in the Amazon App.
It’s easier to shop Prime Day from the Amazon app. Download the app and create a “watch list” in the deals section to make a shopping plan. Turn on your notifications so your phone will chime once a deal starts and you can grab it before that item is gone. The popular, most deeply discounted items sell out super quickly.
2. Use Gift Cards to Get Extra Credit
For every $40 Amazon gift card purchase, Amazon is offering a $10 credit. So if you plan to buy anything during the sale, buy a gift card first to use on Amazon purchases later before November 29th.
3. Use the Free Trial and Cancel After Prime Day
If you’re not a Prime member but want to shop the deals, you can get a month-long free trial, shop the sale, and then cancel your membership before having to pay the subscription cost.
4. Get Amazon Credits While Shopping for Groceries
If you shop at Whole Foods, you can get a $10 credit to use on Amazon Prime Day when you spend $10 at Whole Foods Market.
5. Get Rewarded for Supporting Small Businesses
You can “Spend $10, Get $10” when you shop small businesses via Amazon. Just know they can only be redeemed on Prime Day.
Whew! Okay. Now with all of that aside, if you’re still feeling overwhelmed, here are a bunch of my favorites I’ve scoped out for Prime Day.
The Top Prime Day Deals:
- Save 60% of Echo Dot (3rd Gen)
- Save $40 on Fire TV Cube
- Save up to 30% on select Samsung TVs
- Save $50 on Kindle Paperwhite
- Save up to 33% on iRobot Roomba vacuums
- Save up to 44% on Shark vacuums
- Save on myQ Smart Garage Hub
- Save up to 30% on Casper mattresses
- Save up to 40% on Le Creuset
- Save up to 50% on Instant Pot
- Save 50% on 23andMe Health + Ancestry Personal Genetic Service Kit
- Save up to 30% on FitBit
- Save up to 40% on Dewalt tools
- Save on select Scotts lawn and garden products
My goal is NEVER to encourage you to go into debt shopping crazy deals. I just hope rounding it all up in one spot makes your searching for the best bargains a streamlined time-saver so that you don’t have to spend all day scrolling on a screen.
2020 has been a rough year for so many financially, so I hope this helps families make those ends meet. I’ll be sharing deals as they pop up over on my Instagram Stories today and tomorrow too.