This post went viral this year on Pinterest, and I have to admit I’m still a big fan of it too. Our teeny tiny powder room has just a pinch of character thanks to this little guy.
Are you completely recapped out yet? Has it been painfully obvious that I’ve been trying to entertain you for the past two weeks as I’ve been juggling the holidays with the blog? It is? Okay, well at least we’re on the same page. ‘Cuz y’all, change is a-comin’! (More on that tomorrow, so hang in there.) But today, I had to get all sentimental with a look back at this blink-of-an-eye year it’s been.
This past week, I’ve been trying to sum up the words to express to you guys how truly thankful I am for each and every one of you.
The truth is whatever I say in this post won’t even be enough to account for how much my heart overflows with gratitude for you. Every comment, message, e-mail, repin, like, tweet makes me realize daily that I am so incredibly blessed to have all of you as my loving support.
A year ago, I was searching for something to fulfill my passion for my long list of interests, and one morning I literally jumped out of bed with this crazy idea to document our new journey in our first house by starting a blog.
It’s even crazier to me that people besides my own mom actually read my madness and cheer me on to continue. So please keep cheering because I’m absolutely positive my projects in this house would come to a screeching halt if it weren’t for you.
I pinky swear this will be the last Bless’er House recap for a while. I’ve included the top 10 best (most viewed) posts from this year. You can click on the link above each photo to take you to the individual posts.
2. The Most Efficient Way to Create a Gallery WallI didn’t really wrap my head around what my style was until the hubby and I tackled our stairway wall. From that point, it was like something clicked, and I had a clear vision of what I really wanted in our home. I still find myself admiring this wall in our living room every day and am reminded how truly blessed our little family of three is.
3. DIY Faux Fireplace for Under $600In a million years, I never would have guessed that we would be capable of building this gigantic faux fireplace, but it is incredible how much a couple weekends of work can do for your pride and confidence in DIY. I think I still owe my father-in-law a giant lollipop for all of his help with this one. In case you missed it, this huge project was just featured over at Remodelaholic.
4. Restoration Hardware Rope Chandelier Knock-OffThis was one of those projects that was made possible by my trusty glue gun. It’s almost embarrassing how often I use that thing around here…almost. The incredible Centsational Girl featured it several months ago, and I was completely star-struck!
5. DIY Industrial Pendant LightsWrapping rope around our chandelier sort of started a chain reaction in our kitchen, so our builder grade bar lights were my next victim. They were no match for…you guessed it…my pink and very worn out glue gun.
6. Organizing the Most Thorough Home Office Filing SystemOur office was an absolute train wreck before I tackled the piles of messy papers we had lying around in there. I love being able to find all of our important documents now.
7. Knock-Off No Sew Dining ChairsI almost lost my mind pulling off this chair DIY. Seriously, if you don’t believe me, check out this post. But man oh man it was worth it!
8. 1 Year Blogiversary Progress TourThis post really opened my eyes to see how far we’ve come in our builder box house. It’s so easy to get caught up in the to-do list that it’s nice sometimes to sit back and appreciate all of the items we’ve already crossed off the list.
9. Faux Planked Coffee Table MakeoverCraigslist is my favorite way to furnish our house for very little, and this piece was my best makeover yet. Even better than the way it looks in our living room is how super functional it is for DVD and toy storage. I was completely honored to have it featured over at Sand and Sisal this fall!
I love pieces that tell about our family’s story, so creating this oversized map of Ireland was the perfect addition to our stairway. Lucy at Craftberry Bush was even kind enough to feature it.
Oh, was that 11? Whatever, consider it a bonus, right? This recipe from my mother is famous around these parts, so I’d be completely robbing you of an amazing dish if I didn’t include it.
It really is amazing to see how much I’ve done and how far I’ve come. I still have much more to learn in design, photography, and blogging (maybe add in parenting and marriage too) but it’s a journey worth taking. THANK YOU for being here along for the ride. I sincerely hope that your look back at your own 2014 was just as fulfilling.What sort of posts would YOU like to see here in 2015? I would really really love to know!
Follow me on
Or find me on