Happy Thanksgiving, friends! I hope you are having the best day ever surrounded by all the people you love.
I don’t know about y’all, but I am the last person you’d ever see fighting the crowds on Black Friday. My pajama clad, turkey-stuffed self will just park herself right on the couch and shop online. Who’s with me on this?
Ever since I was little and still to this day, I always loved giving presents more than receiving them. Maybe that’s cliche, but I get so excited to see someone’s face when they open a present that I know is so “them”. I live for moments like that y’all! It makes me so happy to see that I could bring joy to someone else.
So this week, I’ve teamed up with some of my absolute best blogger friends to share some of our favorite holiday gift ideas and to host 25 giveaways! You can see my giveaway at the bottom of this post.
But for now, I thought I’d share my favorite gift ideas for four topics that I’m a tad obsessed with myself- DIY, crafting, the HGTV show Fixer Upper, and photography. (And if you buy any of this stuff for yourself, I won’t judge. I’ve treated myself to a couple already. Shh…don’t tell.)
As always, I’ve shared how to find the best deals and ideas for every budget, big and small, because I love you guys, and I know not many of us are made of money.
(Affiliate links are provided below for convenience. For more information, see my full disclosure here.)
- Laser level– This little guy is a really cool stocking stuffer. It has a tape measure, bubble level, and laser level all built in together.
- Studfinder– This is going in my husband’s stocking this year (I hope he doesn’t read this), and I plan on taping a note to it that says, “You’re a stud.” Wink wink. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve said in the middle of a home improvement project, “We need a studfinder!” And then I forget to buy one and we continue to play the stud-finding guessing game.
3. Pink General Tool Set– Hello! It’s pink! My parents gave me a little tool kit when I went off to college, and it came in handy all the time. My roommates were constantly borrowing it. It’s a great DIY jump starter for sure.
5. Black and Decker Orbital Jigsaw– This saw is a great first step for power tools. (Ladies, I’m talking to you. You can handle this one, I promise.) There are so many project possibilities with this one.
6. Black and Decker Mouse Detail Sander– I have this exact sander and I’m always putting it to use- construction-type projects, furniture makeovers, small wood crafts, anything. It saves lots of time and elbow grease too. (Who has two thumbs and no upper body strength for regular sanding? This girl.)
7. Bostitch 3-Tool and Compressor Combo Kit– We have this combo kit too and use it for all kinds of home improvement projects like our DIY wood beam doorway and DIY upholstered dining chairs. It speeds up the process so it only takes half the time (and effort).
8. Black and Decker 4-Tool Combo Kit– This is one of the best starter kit I’ve found for power tools and has everything a DIYer needs for a long list of projects.
Black Friday Tip: You can get $10 off $50 Black and Decker orders on Amazon for Black Friday this year. Or you can check out all of their other home improvement deals here. Woo to the hoo!
For the Crafter
- Brush Set– A pack of these is a crafter’s best friend. They come in handy allllll the time!
- Mod Podge– I go through this stuff like crazy! It makes the best little stocking stuffer for any decoupage addicts out there.
3. Hot Glue Gun Holster– If you have a crafter in the family, they’re number one tool is a hot glue gun. Hands down. Best craft invention ever. This holster helps keep all the glue sticks contained and protects surfaces from the heat while keeping the glue gun in easy reach.
4. Acrylic Paint Set– These are the best selling craft paint colors and there are TONS of possibilities to make with them.
5. I’m So Crafty Baseball Tee– How stinkin’ cute is this shirt? Want.
6. Four Tray Revolving Storage Bin– If you have a friend who is a die-hard crafter and a farmhouse decor fanatic, for the love of all things rustic, get this thing! It makes craft supply storage vintage and cute and convenient.
7. Brother 25-Stitch Sewing Machine– I’ve done a lot of homework on sewing machines lately (because I’m determined to learn one day), and this one is by far the highest rated and at the best price.
8. Silhouette Cameo Vinyl Starter Kit Bundle– This is what crafting dreams are made of. Sigh…
Black Friday Tip: You can find all of the Amazon deals for crafting here with sales from Silhouette, Singer, Brother, and a long list of others.
For the Fixer Upper Fan
- Wire 3-Tier Drying Rack– Without a doubt, this is my favorite kitchen accessory. It’s perfect for setting up a farmhouse-y coffee or hot cocoa station.
- Metal Garden Tote– I really can’t believe how inexpensive this one is. It’s $6.00! You can use it for holding silverware for entertaining. Make a unique centerpiece with flowers tucked into the compartments. Use it for gardening tools. Whatever inspires you.
3. Chunky Knit Throw Blanket– No living room is complete without a comfy throw blanket. It’s just a fact. And white goes with everything.
4. Windmill Clock– This thing is so fun! Joanna Gaines would approve, don’t you think?
5. Wood and Metal Sliding Calendar– This calendar would be perfect on an office desk or kitchen counter.
6. Glass Bottle Vase Runner Set– Change the flowers and greenery according to the seasons and you’ve got a super easy, pretty centerpiece.
7. Industrial Bar Stool– These are just really cool. They’ve been in my online cart for months. (Hint hint, Santa.)
8. Wood Wall Map– This map would be great in a playroom or office or little boy’s room. Okay, actually hang it anywhere because it’s awesome.
For the Photographer
- Wireless Camera Remote– When I switched to a camera remote, it was a total game changer in my photography! The fact that this one is wireless is an even bigger bonus. Just be sure you know your gift recipient’s camera brand- Canon, Nikon, Sony, etc.
- Camera Lens Thermos Mug– Got a photographer with a coffee addiction on your list? Done. Problem solved.
- Tripod with Bag– Game changer #2 for my photography was investing in a tripod. (You can read more about my photography tips here.) It makes photos sooooo much sharper.
- I’ve Been Known to Flash People Tee– Tee hee! (Get it? Har har.) Scandalous.
- Black and Ivory Scarf Camera Strap– Style + function. Yes! There are lots of different colors and patterns too.
- Kattee Canvas Vintage Camera Bag– This is the most beautiful camera bag I’ve ever laid my eyes on. Not even exaggerating. And the price is actually really good compared to many of the other designer ones I’ve seen.
- Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 6– Lightroom, to me, is the most user-friendly professional photo editing software out there. I love this program! I’ve also heard great things about Adobe Bridge if you want to give someone access to a variety of editing programs with the latest updates.
- Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Camera Lens– This is absolutely my favorite camera lens, and it’s surprisingly very affordable considering how pricey great quality lenses can be. It’s great for that next step up in photography and can work beautifully on a beginner DSLR or one that’s more advanced.
Black Friday Tip: You can see all of the photography deals and markdowns here on Amazon.
Are you totally overwhelmed on gift guide overload now? Do you have a favorite?
To give someone a headstart on their shopping, I’m giving away a $50 Amazon gift card! I truly wish I could give one away to all of you sweet friends who read this blog.
You can check out all of the other helpful home decor guides and enter all 25 giveaways here:
Good luck y’all! And happy shopping! But through all of the making spirits bright I hope you take the time to laugh with your loved ones, hug your family tight, and know that it’s the moments you have together that are truly the best gifts of all. They are worth so much more than money could ever buy.