16 perfect hostess gifts for the cook, the entertainer, the drink enthusiast, and the homemaker for less than $20.
It’s funny to me that I’m even writing this gift guide considering I stayed in bed with a horrible flu-like virus while I “hosted” Thankgiving last week. Robert juggled the kids alongside my parents, hosted the big meal, and he delivered my gigantic plate of a feast upstairs to me in bed.
The dude deserves ALL of the hostess gifts, in my opinion.
Hostess gifts are tough though. And sometimes bringing a bottle of wine isn’t always the best answer (especially if you don’t know if the host/hostess of a party/dinner even drinks). So I rounded up a bunch of my favorites that are sure to be winners.
And they’re all under $20!
(Affiliate links are provided below. Full disclosure here.)
- Picture Frame Ornament – Give it to your host/hostess empty to put in their own photo, or if you know them well, print a photo of their family to place inside. Isn’t that sweet?!
- Box of Chocolates – This box in particular is soooooo good.
- Measuring spoons/cups – These are so pretty and most importantly, useful!
- Kitchen Towel – Cute kitchen towels are the throw pillows of the kitchen, am I right? I love this print and the fact that it’s not holiday-specific.
- A Coffee Table Book – Find a hardback book that you know would fit in with the host/hostess’s interests. Choose one that is fun to browse through or is a great conversation starter. This one has all kinds of inspirational quotes from women throughout history with pretty illustrations.
- Fancy Hand Soap – I LOVE yummy, pretty hand soaps, especially to place in our powder room for guests. This one is clean and refreshing.
- Cheese Knife Set – These would add some pizzazz to a spread.
- Mulling Spices – My mom often gifted this when I was growing up. Add it to apple cider, heat, and you’ve got delicious spiced cider. Or use it with red wine for mulled wine.
- Seasoning Blend – This truffle, black garlic, parmesan seasoning is my absolute FAVORITE to use on chicken, roasted veggies, basically everything. Gift it along with this coffee chili rub and Greek Mediterranean blend to make it a set.
- Coasters – Always handy, and it’s fun to get pretty ones like these agate coasters.
- Hot Chocolate – Go for this suuuuuper rich, decadent Williams-Sonoma mix. To die for!
- Gourmet Coffee Flavorings – Perfect for setting up a little coffee bar, and if you’re host/hostess is a big coffee drinker, it’ll be a sure hit.
- Marble Serving Board – I own this board and it’s the perfect size for a round loaf of bread on the table or a little appetizer server.
- Bottle Stopper – Another one of those useful but pretty things that are great for an entertainer.
- Hand Lettering Book – This book teaches you how to hand-letter, which would be so fun to gift, especially if your host loves hand-writing invitations and greeting cards.
- Party Game – If you’re visiting for a party, bring a party game! This one is a crowd-pleaser.
Any others you’d add to the hostess gift list? Have you ever given or received any fun ones before that you loved? I’d love to hear about them in the comments!