30+ Mother’s Day gift ideas handmade from shops and DIYable ideas at home to support small businesses or make for inexpensively.
I wanna know how in the WORLD April has been 1 million days long and yet Mother’s Day is sneaking up on me all at the same time. How does that happen?
So many shops are hurting right now and they need our help, and so many of them have absolutely gorgeous, unique, handmade Mother’s Day gifts that are made to become treasures for a lifetime. Many of these shops create gifts more beautiful than anything that could be found on big business retail shelves.
I reached out to a bunch of my favorite shop owners and asked them if they would be willing to share discounts with y’all so that we can all rise together to help those who really need it while also showing our moms, grandmothers, stepmoms, and all of the other special women in our lives that we treasure them.
(And just for fun, if funds are tight for you right now as well, I shared some thoughtful DIY Mother’s Day gift ideas you can make yourself for practically free. It’s always the thought that counts.) Hope it helps!
Mother’s Day Gift Guide – Supporting Small Businesses
(Affiliate links are provided below. Full disclosure here.)
Click the links below to navigate to the shop, and you can use the coupon codes to get discounts as a Bless’er House reader.
3. Shop Maxwell – Apparel, accessories & home decor
5. inblue – Handmade leather and canvas bags that donate 50 meals per bag sold to those in need | 20% discount automatically added
9. Bare Candle Company – Cruelty-free soy candles that smell incredible | Use code LOVEMOMS for 20% off
10. Foggyst Prints – Gorgeous modern fine art and vintage prints | Use code HAPPYMOM for 25% off
11. Prairie Hills Pottery – Personalized recipes gifts with your loved ones’ actual handwriting | Use code BLESSERHOUSE to get 10% off
13. Baby Blueprint – Ultrasounds turned into precious art | Use code BLESSERHOUSE15 for 15% off
16. Lizush – Natural bath and body spa gift sets | Use code LOVEUMOM for 10% off
19. South House Ink – Detailed customized house portraits, pet drawings, and wedding illustrations | Tricia drew our house for us a couple of years ago, and she is a true artist! | Use code BLESSER15 for 15% off
21. Windmill Candle Co – Beautiful handmade 100% soywax candles
22. Bean Street – Cheerful inspirational prints
23. Simplicity & Co. – Loose leaf teas to promote rest and wellness
24. Hanging Garden Co. – Cute Boho hanging planters
DIY Mother’s Day Gift Ideas
- DIY Watercolor / Oil Painting Portrait – Take a photo of your childhood home or a family photo and turn it into a work of art using this Watercolor Effects app, Waterlogue app, or Brushstroke app.
- DIY Candles – Use pretty cups, jars, or dishes you might already have to make your own candles for mom.
- Preserved Handwritten Recipes or Letters – If you have any handwritten recipes or letters from loved ones, use this method to preserve and frame them.
- DIY Painted Vase – If you have a vase that could use a facelift, use this method or this method to bring it to life. Deliver it with fresh flowers and a sweet handwritten note.
- DIY Wreath – If you can’t buy her flowers, maybe instead pull together some artificial greenery you already have to make a pretty wreath for her front door.
- Make a DIY spa gift set – I absolutely love making this face scrub. And these DIY bath salts are amazing.
- Print any special family recipes and put them in a binder as an heirloom cookbook
- Sort through old photos and organize them into a family album (and scan/digitize those old photos in the process so you never lose them)
- Cook or bake something special for her
- Make a compliment jar – Write down all of the things you love about her, each on a small post-it note, so that she can take one out to read she she needs a pick-me-up.
- Call her!
Hope this helped! Happy (way early) Mother’s Day to all of you mamas, grandmas, stepmoms, and godmoms (and the honorable mention moms who are moms to everyone).