I haven’t gotten into sharing any recipes on here yet. Frankly, it’s because I usually lack originality in the kitchen. But I’m a darn good copy cat when it comes to following other peoples’ recipes. Last night though, I was a rebel (gasp!). Okay, I’ll come clean. I hadn’t planned dinner and I looked at my pathetic, bare pantry only to come up short on a single recipe in my arsenal of emergency go-to meals that would work. So I worked with what I had and got creative. Lo and behold, I whipped up the most phenomenal quiche I’ve ever had! (Not to toot my own horn but for real, it rocked.)
I love it when happy accidents happen. 🙂 And even better, this recipe is gluten free. Robert and I are 80% Paleo (we take breaks on the weekends) and even though this quiche isn’t really Paleo because of the cheese, the fact that it was crustless made me feel better about myself.
So here it is. The scrumdiddilyumptious (as Robert likes to call it) Gluten Free Four Cheese Spinach Quiche
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil or vegetable oil
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 (9 ounce) package of frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 cup shredded Brie cheese
- 1 cup goat cheese crumbles
- 1 cup shredded colby and monterey jack cheese (I used prepackaged)
- 5 eggs, beaten
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground sea salt
Yields 6 servings (1 pie)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9 inch pie dish.
2. Heat coconut oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add chopped onions and cook, stirring occasionally, until onions are soft. Stir in drained spinach and cook until excess moisture has evaporated.
3. In a large bowl, combine beaten eggs, all types of cheese, salt and pepper. Add cooked spinach/onions and stir until well blended. Pour into prepared pie dish.
4. Bake in oven for 30-35 minutes (until eggs have set). Let stand for 10 minutes and serve. Enjoy!
Follow me on
Or find me on