This post is sponsored by Better Homes & Gardens at Walmart.
40+ hostess and housewarming gift ideas for the homebody, entertainer, and chef that are affordable and perfect for last minute gifting.
With holiday parties and family visits happening again and so many people who seem to be moving this year, I’ve had a ton of requests for hostess and housewarming gift ideas in my inbox lately.
I like to keep a small stash of hostess and housewarming gifts on hand so that I never show up empty handed for a gathering.
So I pulled together a bunch of my favorite affordable but nice home gift ideas from Better Homes & Gardens at Walmart. We own and have used most of them ourselves.
But I know there’s no one-size-fits-all gift for everyone, so I’m breaking them down into categories for The Entertainer, The Chef, The Homebody, and Last Minute Gift Ideas (that you can grab same day in the store if you’re in a pinch).
Housewarming Gift Ideas for the Entertainer
If you have a friend or family member who loves hosting parties and gathering loved ones together (like we do at our house), I love gifting a food with a non-consumable or some nice drink ware and cocktail mixers, if that person drinks alcohol.
1. Sangria Kit in a Drink Dispenser
This drink dispenser is fun to give with a bottle of red wine and fruit inside as a sangria kit. I like to print and include this sangria recipe on a card.
2. Grazing Board with Artisan Cheese
We’re big fans of charcuterie boards at our house, and this grazing board comes in handy. So gifting it along with a couple of artisan cheeses is a hit.
3. Simple Vase with Fresh Flowers
Maybe it’s considered “cliche” by some, but there’s nothing more special than receiving a fresh bouquet of flowers. This simple white vase pairs well with everything.
4. Copper Mugs with Moscow Mule Fixings
I actually gave this to Robert as a stocking stuffer one year, and he loved it! We still use them too. Gift a set of copper mugs packaged with a small bottle of vodka, ginger beer, and limes to make Moscow Mule cocktails.
5. Wooden Cake Stand with a Cake
Nothing says “I love you” like cake. 😉 Gifting one with this cute wooden cake stand always works well.
Gift Ideas for the Entertainer
- Serving Bar Cart
- 6 Piece Grazing Board
- Beverage Dispenser (I like include a bottle of wine and fruit with it to give as a sangria kit)
- Bar Tool Kit
- Copper Mug Set (Include mini bottles of vodka, ginger beer, and limes with it to make Moscow Mules.)
- Hammered Metal Tray
- Wood Cake Stand
- 5 Wick Candle
- Drinking Glass Set (Package it up with that bar tool kit.)
- White Ceramic Vase (Gift it along with a bouquet of fresh flowers.)
Housewarming Gift Ideas for the Chef
If you know the person receiving the gift loves cooking in the kitchen, giving a pretty kitchen item is definitely the way to their heart.
1. Apron and Oven Mitt Set with Biscuit Mix and Local Honey
When I was a teacher, a student of mine actually gave me this exact same thing, and I thought it was so adorable!
2. Bowl Set with a Written Copy of Your Favorite Dessert Recipe
There’s just something that comes from the heart when giving someone a cherished family recipe. This bowl set works perfectly as a gift that’s also very functional.
3. Ruffled Pie Plate and a Pie or Favorite Pie Recipe
Isn’t this the most adorable pie plate? It’s seen several key lime pies in our house.
4. Oval Bakeware Dish and Favorite Casserole Recipe
This bakeware dish gets a ton of use in our house. Gift it with this breakfast casserole recipe that’s always a hit every Christmas morning (my mom has made it for our family each Christmas for as long as I can remember).
Gift Ideas for the Chef
- 6 Piece Bowl Set (Include a written copy of your favorite dessert recipe.)
- Fringed Kitchen Towels
- Cutlery Block Set
- Wood Salt Chamber
- Ruffled Pie Plate (Gift it with a homemade pie.)
- Oval Bakeware Dish (Include a written copy of your favorite casserole recipe.)
- 6 Piece Completer Serve Set
- Footed Serve Bowl
- Glass Canister Set
- Apron and Oven Mitt Set (Gift it with some biscuit mix and local honey.)
Housewarming Gift Ideas for the Homebody
The way to my heart is letting me stay home and rest. Haha! I’m only slightly kidding. But cozy gifts you can enjoy at home in the winter does seem like giving a little bit of the self-care we all need.
1. Apothecary Jar Set with Bath Salts and Face Mask
I love whipping up a big batch of this homemade honey face mask I’ve used for several years. It makes skin feel smooth and hydrated, so easy to make, and looks luxurious gifted in a nice apothecary jar. I just put some decorative washi tape on the lid of the jar to keep it sealed until ready for use.
2. Tabletop Floating Picture Frame
Especially if you’re gifting something to a grandparent, one of the sweetest gifts if a sentimental family photo in a pretty frame.
3. Ceramic Planter and Houseplant
A houseplant is a gift that keeps on giving and is definitely welcomed in the colder winter months after Christmas. This fluted planter is a crowd pleaser.
4. Woven Basket with Cookies and Cocoa
You can’t go wrong with a sweet but simple gift basket. Some homemade cookies with hot cocoa mix inside is the ultimate cozy gift.
Gift Ideas for the Homebody
- Retro Tabletop Heater
- Embroidered Luxury Sheet Set
- Glass Wax Warmer
- Essential Oils Set
- Tabletop Floating Picture Frame (Include a treasured photo of loved ones.)
- Scented Wax Melts (My favorite scent is Salted Coconut Mahogany.)
- Chenille Throw Blanket
- Ceramic Planter (Gift it with a potted poinsettia.)
- Apothecary Jar Set (Fill the jars with bath salts and this homemade cinnamon honey face mask as a spa gift.)
- Faux Fur and Sherpa Throw Blanket
- Woven Basket (Use it as a gift basket to hold homemade Christmas cookies and cocoa mix.)
- Speckled Coffee Mug Set (Gift it with a bag of fresh roasted coffee beans.)
- Rattan Diffuser
These are some of my favorite last minute gift ideas you can get online for curbside pickup or find in stock at the store too so you don’t have to worry about shipping.
Last Minute Housewarming Gift Ideas
- 2 Wick Candle
- Cotton Quilt
- Champagne Flute Set – (Include a bottle of champagne to go with it.)
- Essential Oil Set
- Wood Tray
- Serving Platter – (Bake some homemade brownies to wrap up with it.)
- Bath Towel Set
- Soap and Lotion Pump Set (Fill them with your favorite hand soap and hand lotion.)
- Chenille Throw Blanket
- Ceramic Planter (Gift it with a houseplant to brighten up the winter months.)
Got any other hostess or housewarming gift ideas you’d throw into the mix?