We had every intention of sharing more backyard progress today, buuuuuuut the universe had other plans as we’ve wrestled a project going awry and a sick kiddo over the weekend.
But actually, it’s okay. Because I didn’t really make time to fully wrap my mind around “the vision” for our next backyard project: a pool cabana.
We just poured fresh concrete in this area beside the pool and will be erecting a pergola to give us much-needed shade out here. Eventually, we plan to do concrete stamping, but we’re not there yet.
And that fence will be replaced soon with a new white one.
Outdoor furniture sells out crazy fast, especially this year, so I pulled together several images as our inspiration to get our game plan ready.
I want the cabana to feel airy, natural, and with plenty of texture. All 7 of these pool cabana inspirations fit the bill!
7 Pool Cabana Inspirations
1. I like the idea of comfy chaise loungers like these.
Source: BAA Studio
2. The plants and that rattan pendant in this cabana add so much great texture!
Source: Uniqwa Collections
3. More chaise lounger love… and I know we’ll never have practically a jungle surrounding ours, but gosh it’s gorgeous.
Source: Villaar Juna Bali
4. This example has a wood slat wall we’re thinking will give it a more modern element.
5. This one seems like a great size without taking up too much pool deck room.
6. There will definitely be airy white curtains blowing in the breeze like this dreamy scene.
Source: Three Birds Renovations
7. We keep debating between whether to stain a neutral mid-tone or paint white. But I love the warmth of the wood here to make it feel more cozy in contrast with the white fence.
Source: Room for Tuesday
My head is spinning! But however it all comes together, I’ll just be glad to have some shade. Prettiness will be a perk.
Which do you think would work the best?