Tips for how to enjoy deep cleaning your house + a free whole house cleaning checklist + free cleaning kit from Mrs. Meyers and Grove Collaborative.
The other day, a miracle happened. I woke up excited to clean our house. I know. No one is more shocked than me (except maybe Robert who knows I DESPISE cleaning). But once the Christmas decorations are put away and those pesky little needles end up all over our floor, it’s on.
Most days of the week, I’m on a cleaning strike. Life gets busy or we have a crazy DIY project going on or I’m exhausted or I think, “It’s just going to get messy again in 24 hours.” But the start of a new year makes me want to give our home a fresh start.
I can only avoid the scrubbing and mopping and organizing for so long before my house starts to stress me out. I’m not a neat freak, by any means, but once I get started, I discover cleaning calms me, and then I can’t stop . I can think so clearly when the house is spick and span and smelling good. Sometimes it makes me wonder why I don’t deep clean more often.
So my New Year’s resolution this year: Clean and organize every nook and cranny of this crazy chaotic neglected-for-far-too-long house. I will channel Gayle the Cleaning Mom. There may be casualties.
I was not at all looking forward to it until Grove Collaborative reached out to me asking if I’d like to try out some Mrs. Meyers goodies. I’d heard nothing but great things about Mrs. Meyers, so I was actually really excited. This stuff smells DA BOMB! (So da bomb it makes me speak in 90s slang.)
And they’ve decided to give y’all a yummy smelling Mrs. Meyers cleaning kit if you have the same resolution as I do.
If you’ve been feeling overwhelmed by a whole house deep cleaning, here are some tips that help me enjoy the process:
- Make a checklist. (You can snag my whole house deep cleaning checklist printable near the bottom of this post to help you out.)
- Focus on one room at a time. The process goes faster if I can knock out an entire room before tackling the next. It makes it feel like I’m getting somewhere with the housework, and the task of cleaning an entire house then doesn’t seem so huge.
- Have a jam out session. I crank my favorite Pandora station on my phone and dance around the room as I scrub and sweep. It feels less like work and more like fun, which makes productivity go through the roof.
- Use good smelling cleaning supplies. Operation: De-funkify the House can actually feel sorta kinda like a spa experience. My favorite Mrs. Meyers scents so far are honeysuckle and lavender because they really do give me a feeling of serenity. (And using their laundry detergent and fabric softener on bedding helps me sleep better.)
- “Treat yo’ self.” I like to promise myself a reward for when all of the cleaning is finished, usually in the form of wine or chocolate. But when you can take a deep breath and enjoy your great smelling well-cared-for house, that’s a reward all by itself.
You can snag your own free printable of my Whole House Deep Cleaning Checklist in my Printable Library here to get you started in tackling the big mess. It is suuuuuper extensive and HUGE but in a good way:
(If you’re already a subscriber, just click here to download the checklist from my Printable Library.)
And you can pick up your own free Mrs. Meyers Cleaning Kit at Grove Collaborative for a limited time. Here’s everything that comes in the kit:
- Grove enamel caddy
- Grove walnut scrubber sponges
- Mrs. Meyers hand soap
- Mrs. Meyers dish soap
- Mrs. Meyers hand lotion
Worth over $40!
- Click here to get the set if you’re new to Grove Collaborative.
- Click here to get a free Mrs. Meyers hand soap if you’re an existing Grove Member.
This little guy makes a great hostess gift too, if you like keeping those on hand.
If you’ve never heard of Grove Collaborative before, it is my new favorite way to save money on cleaning supplies and household items. (They have health + beauty, supplements, and baby stuff too.) Everything they carry are natural products and are delivered to your home on your schedule.
Whenever I run out of something, I like that I can just add it to my cart on the Grove site to be sent to me since I always seem to forget cleaning supplies on my grocery lists (and the stuff in the grocery store is usually more expensive anyway).
They don’t have a longterm obligation at all, but if you sign up with Grove Collaborative, you’ll receive the cleaning kit for free. (If you’re already a member, you’ll still get a free Mrs. Meyers hand soap.)
I use ours all the time, and Mrs. Meyers has worked better for me than any other brand I’ve tried. The fact that they smell amazing and are made with safe, non-toxic ingredients is a huge perk.
Here’s how to get the freebies:
- Click here to get the set if you’re new to Grove Collaborative to sign up. You’ll receive the Mrs. Meyers cleaning kit and caddy for free when you sign up and spend $20 or more on your first order (cleaning supplies you’d probably be buying anyway).
- Answer 4 quick questions about your home that Grove Collaborative will then use to customize your products for you.
- Finalize your basket of items to suit your household needs by adding or removing products. (But hang onto your freebies)
- Click Finish & Pay and place your order.
Here’s what a typical order from Grove Collaborative looks like. It saves me a nice little chunk every time I need to stock up.
The freebie cleaning kit expires January 8th. Unfortunately, Grove does not ship to Alaska, Hawaii, or Canada just yet.
Happy cleaning, y’all! Hope you’ll enjoy it as much as I do.
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Grove Collaborative.