Three mattresses, three different price points, and how they compare to find a luxury feeling mattress that doesn’t break the bank.
Apparently, when you have a baby, decorating isn’t quiiiiiite as high on the priority list as say… sleep.
Ask me how I know. 😉
In the midst of comparing ratings, reading endless reviews, price comparing, and a mountain of mattress shopping homework for the guest bedroom makeover, we finally landed on one that was less than $250 and legitimately felt close to our master bedroom’s $1,800 luxury mattress.
Truly, I #nerdout about this kind of stuff.
And I thought, hey! Might as well mention this little budget-friendly gem we discovered!
This isn’t a sponsored post; just something we spent our hard-earned money on that we felt was well worth sharing.
And truth be told, after buying the cheaper one for the guest room, I kind of feel like a sucker for ever purchasing the pricey one.
(Some affiliate links are provided below. Full disclosure here.)
The less than $250 winner for the guest room is this Zinus Memory Foam 10 Inch Green Tea mattress (although it comes in 6 inch, 8 inch, and 12 inch too).
Why we love it:
- It’s one of those convenient delivered in a box mattresses and arrives in 1-2 days.
- It’s the goldilocks of mattresses – not too soft, not to firm. (If you like super firm or super soft, this mattress isn’t for you.)
- Infused with green tea extract and castor seed oil to repell odor and bacteria
- Has a memory foam core to resist bounce if accompanied in bed with a partner
- Has support layers to relieve just enough pressure
- Good return policy – Amazon customer service will allow a credit along with instructions for mattress disposal so that you don’t have to repack it and send it back
What we don’t love:
- It does claim to have a cooling feature, but I don’t think this feature is quite as cooling as the luxury one we have. Although, that can be fixed with a mattress cooling pad for about $40.
- There was a plastic chemical smell when we first opened it, but it was gone within 48 hours. (Give it a full 3 days to completely expand before test driving it.)
In comparison to our high end Sealy Posturepedic Hybrid (our exact is no longer available, but this mattress is similar), the Zinus has definitely been a great alternative if you don’t have the money to spend on a pricier mattress.
The bed itself isn’t much to look at yet since we’re waiting on a vintage headboard to arrive that I scored on eBay, but hey, at least it’s comfy so far! (Side note: Can we stop for a sec to appreciate those deep green velvet curtains? Er meh gersh. More about that later though.)
So there ya go: three price points, three mattress, three great experiences.
If you want other recs for our favorite budget-friendly luxury feel bedding, these are our favorites too:
- Brushed microfiber bed sheet set
- Down alternative plush comforter
- Hypoallergenic gel pillows
- Cooling down alternative mattress topper
- Breathable cotton blanket
Maybe that helps? I hope it does anyway.
If there’s one thing I appreciate more than anything these days is sleeeeeeeep! It’s my love language these days. Let me sleep and you’re instantly my favorite person in the world.
Since we’re on the subject, have you done the mattress in a box thing? Do you have any other recs to throw into the pot?
If you want to save this post for later, you can pin it here: