The Best Luxury for Less Amazon Curtains, Rods, and Shades
A round up of the best Amazon curtains and window shades with tips for how to hang curtains and choose the right length for a room.
There are three magical little things that can make a room feel polished and put together: a great rug, amazing lighting, and the right window treatments.
My favorite Amazon curtains hung all over our home’s windows do exactly that.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases from affiliate links in this post.
Any time we need a window dressed up around here, Amazon is typically our go-to. So I thought it would help to pull together all of the best designer look Amazon curtains for less, many of which we own ourselves.
Top Rated Amazon Curtain Brands
I have bought all of our Amazon curtain with my own money and have not been sponsored by any of these brands (not that that ever prevents me from sharing my real opinion about things anyway).
So this is my personal experience with some of Amazon’s well-known curtain brands.
Two Pages Curtains
If you follow home decorating accounts on Instagram, you’ve probably seen the “famous” Amazon drapes brand called Two Pages Curtains that looks exactly like high-end custom designer linen curtains for way less than the real thing.
When I was on the lookout for luxury looking curtains for less than the high-end kind for our dining room, I stumbled upon these gorgeous lined faux linen pinch pleat curtains and they instantly made the room feel bigger and brighter!
Tip: You can order fabric swatches to see samples in person, if you need help choosing the right color and texture.
You can also customize designs with liners (blackout / privacy), header types (pinch pleat / grommet / rod pocket / back tab), and exact width and length measurements.
Mine are longer so that they softly puddle, and I chose beige white faux linen with a room darkening liner that darkens the dining room about 70% of the way (not blackout) when closed.
Con: They still are on the pricey side if you’re used to buying $30 curtains from Target, but for the customizations, liners, and tailoring, it is still cheaper than most custom curtains out there.
Half Price Drapes
We have multiple sets of Amazon window curtains from Half Price Drapes in several rooms of our house.
We’ve used these white velvet pleated curtains in our primary bedroom and home office for about 3 years, and we still absolutely love them!
The quality is so good for the price that I’ve even gotten the same brand Blackforest Green velvet curtains and in our guest bedroom and London Blue velvet curtains a couple years later to change up the color scheme.
Con: One of our white curtain panels did arrive with a little smudge of dirt on it, which was disappointing, but it wasn’t super noticeable or a dealbreaker for me. We’ve ordered 20 curtain panels from them total over the years, and that one smudged panel seems to have been a fluke.
There aren’t quite as many customization options as Two Pages Curtains, but HPD’s broad range of colors is gorgeous!
We have the faux linen curtains from Half Price Drapes in our living room, and while I do like them, I would buy the faux linen curtains from the Two Pages brand, if I could do it over again.
The faux linen fabric from Half Price Drapes is stiff and doesn’t have as nice of a weight to it as Two Pages.
How to Hang Curtains
When hanging curtains, it’s best to hang them “high and wide”.
Usually for me, that means hanging curtains about 12″ from each side of window trim and 2-3″ below the crown molding so windows feel open and ceilings feel taller.
How Long Should Curtains Be?
For a polished look: Curtain panels should be no shorter than 1/2″ above the floor.
For a casual look: Curtain panels should kiss the floor at just 2 inches longer than the distance to the floor.
For a dramatic, romantic look: Curtain panels can puddle at the floor at 6-10″ more than the length to the floor.
I always gravitate toward curtains with pleated tops versus rod pockets or tab topped curtains. You can also cut curtain tabs off and hang them using ring clips for a more polished, high-end look.
These are all of highest rated Amazon curtains, curtain rods, and window shades that could definitely pass as their designer look-a-likes.
The Best Amazon Curtains
- Faux Linen Pinch Pleated Drapes
- Extra Wide Faux Linen Room Darkening
- Yellow Damask Blackout
- Sage Green Thermal Insulated
- White Plush Velvet
- Jaquard Pinch Pleat Room Darkening
- Windowpane Plaid
- Gray Thermal Insulated
- Textured Linen Semi Sheer
- Forest Green Blackout Velvet
- White Blackout Thermal Insulated
- Dark Gray Faux Linen
- Navy Extra White Blackout Velvet
- Beige Faux Linen Blackout Pinch Pleat
- Jouy Paradis Cotton Panel
- Room Darkening Green Paisley Print
- Blue Toile Cotton Panel
- Thermal Blackout Sliding Door Curtains
- Buffalo Check Blackout Curtains
- Equinoxe Print Cotton Panel
The Best Amazon Curtain Rods
We have used several of these curtain rods from Amazon over the years as well and have been very happy with all of them.
- Nickel with Cylinder Finials
- Black with Marble End Caps
- Gold with Clear Square Finials
- Faux Wood Blackout Rod
- Faux Wood with End Caps
- Black with Square Finials
- Nickel with End Caps
- Gold with Acrylic Ball
- Brushed Nickel with Modern Finials
- Black with Classic Ball Finials
- Gold with Doorknob Finials
- Gold with Cylinder Finials
- Gold with End Caps
- Acrylic with Gold End Caps
- Black with Wood and Gold Cylinder Finials
- Gold with Marble Ball
- Bronze Blackout Rod
- Brushed Nickel Double Blackout Rod
- Gold Double Rod
- Black Double Rod
The Best Amazon Window Shades
If you need help pairing curtains with window shades, I love the look of combining both. If Amazon bedroom curtains you love don’t come with a blackout liner option, window shades can be a way around that.
- Ivory Cordless Roman Shade
- Light Filtering Bamboo Shade
- Cordless Bamboo Shade in Gray/Brown
- Bamboo Shades in Fox
- Cordless Bamboo Shade in Driftwood
- Blue Thermal Insulated Roman Shade
- Natural Linen Roman Shade
- Gray Linen Roman Shade
- Cordless Bamboo Shades in Whitewash
- Cordless Bamboo Shades in Tuscan
- Light Filtering Bamboo Shade
- Bamboo Shades in Squirrel
Do you have any Amazon curtains in your house that you rave about? We’re always needing recommendations for future room makeovers!
You can see more ideas for dressing up your windows below.
Window Decor Ideas
- DIY Window Trim – The Easy Way Without Miter Cuts
- Window Film Ideas to Create Decorative Glass Around Your Home for Less
- DIY Built In Cabinets and Window Seat
- DIY Window Box from Repurposed Scrap Wood
- DIY Window Seat From a Kitchen Cabinet