A round up of the best Amazon curtains and window shades with tips for how to hang curtains and choose the right length for a room.
There are three magical little things that can make a room feel polished and put together: a great rug, amazing lighting, and the right window treatments. My favorite Amazon curtains scattered all over our home do exactly that.
When I was on the lookout for luxury looking curtains for less than the high-end kind for our dining room, I stumbled upon these gorgeous lined faux linen pinch pleat curtains and they instantly made the room feel bigger and brighter!
Any time we need a window dressed up around here, Amazon is typically our go-to. So I thought it would help to pull together all of the best designer look Amazon curtains for less, many of which we own ourselves.
How to Hang Curtains
When hanging curtains, it’s best to hang them “high and wide”. Usually for me, that means hanging curtains at least 12″ from each side of window trim and 2-3″ below the crown molding so windows feel open and ceilings feel taller.
How Long Should Curtains Be?
For a polished look: Curtain panels should be no shorter than 1/2″ above the floor.
For a casual look: Curtain panels should kiss the floor at just 2 inches longer than the distance to the floor.
For a dramatic, romantic look: Curtain panels can puddle at the floor at 6-10″ more than the length to the floor.
I always gravitate toward curtains with pleated tops versus rod pockets or tab topped curtains. You can also cut curtain tabs off and hang them using ring clips for a more polished, high-end look.
These are all of highest rated Amazon curtains, curtain rods, and window shades that could definitely pass as their designer look-a-likes.
The Best Amazon Curtains
- Faux Linen Pinch Pleated Drapes
- Extra Wide Faux Linen Room Darkening
- Yellow Damask Blackout
- Sage Green Thermal Insulated
- White Plush Velvet
- Jaquard Pinch Pleat Room Darkening
- Windowpane Plaid
- Gray Thermal Insulated
- Textured Linen Semi Sheer
- Forest Green Blackout Velvet
- White Blackout Thermal Insulated
- Dark Gray Faux Linen
- Navy Extra White Blackout Velvet
- Beige Faux Linen Blackout Pinch Pleat
- Jouy Paradis Cotton Panel
- Room Darkening Green Paisley Print
- Blue Toile Cotton Panel
- Thermal Blackout Sliding Door Curtains
- Buffalo Check Blackout Curtains
- Equinoxe Print Cotton Panel
The Best Amazon Curtain Rods
- Nickel with Cylinder Finials
- Black with Marble End Caps
- Gold with Clear Square Finials
- Faux Wood Blackout Rod
- Faux Wood with End Caps
- Black with Square Finials
- Nickel with End Caps
- Gold with Acrylic Ball
- Brushed Nickel with Modern Finials
- Black with Classic Ball Finials
- Gold with Doorknob Finials
- Gold with Cylinder Finials
- Gold with End Caps
- Acrylic with Gold End Caps
- Black with Wood and Gold Cylinder Finials
- Gold with Marble Ball
- Bronze Blackout Rod
- Brushed Nickel Double Blackout Rod
- Gold Double Rod
- Black Double Rod
The Best Amazon Window Shades
- Ivory Cordless Roman Shade
- Light Filtering Bamboo Shade
- Cordless Bamboo Shade in Gray/Brown
- Bamboo Shades in Fox
- Cordless Bamboo Shade in Driftwood
- Blue Thermal Insulated Roman Shade
- Natural Linen Roman Shade
- Gray Linen Roman Shade
- Cordless Bamboo Shades in Whitewash
- Cordless Bamboo Shades in Tuscan
- Light Filtering Bamboo Shade
- Bamboo Shades in Squirrel