Sick days and Pinterest are best friends. It’s true.
I think cold and flu season is when my ideas and inspirations and “must DIY” list are on hyperdrive. With sick days happening at our house this week and a few half-finished projects hanging out in our garage, I got the sudden itch in my Pinterest browsing to update the hardware on some of our bedroom furniture.
And then I realized, I hadn’t shared my favorite fast way to jazz up furniture. Hardware!
Painting furniture is fun and all, but the perfect drawer pulls and cabinet knobs are the cherry on top. It’s those little details that can really make a space come to life. Plus, adding knobs and pulls is definitely not as labor intensive as painting. Win – win! (But if you’re a furniture painting novice, you can see my beginner’s guide here and my favorite paint source here.)
So I’ve rounded up some of my absolute favorite sources for finding furniture and cabinet hardware for all price ranges and all styles: (Some affiliate links are provided below for convenience. For more information, see my disclosure here.)
- Hobby Lobby– It’s hands down my favorite place to find funky, unique hardware. Most locations have an entire aisle! It’s furniture makeover heaven, I tell ya. And it seems about every other week their hardware is marked down at 50% off.
2. Amazon – There are lots of amazing deals for hardware on Amazon from all sorts of vendors. I can often find the exact same hardware cheaper there than in retail stores.
3. Etsy – It’s great supporting small businesses whenever possible, and Etsy is one of those resources where you can buy really unique hardware from artists, crafters, and even collectors for genuine antique pieces.
4. World Market – This is one of those sources that’s great for a bohemian or industrial look on hardware. And if you join their Explorer program, you can get a discount.
6. Anthropologie – This one’s on the pricier side, but their knobs, pulls, and hooks are gorgeous! And you can still get lucky with a sale.
7. Target – For some reason, Target’s hardware line is a little on the pricier side too, but their pretty styles make up for it. Keep an eye out for deals on home-related items on the Cartwheel app too.
8. D. Lawless Hardware – This one’s my little furniture flipping secret. The selection on this site is amazing! And their prices are pretty great too.
9. House of Antique Hardware – I haven’t bought any hardware from this site yet, but their cabinet and furniture line is like no other. So much beautiful stuff!
10. HomeGoods / Marshalls / TJ Maxx – It’s sometimes tricky to buy hardware in bulk at these places, but if you need just 2 or 4 matching drawer pulls, I see beautiful ones here all the time at a discount.
I’ll have a little furniture facelift coming soon to show off my latest hardware find too. Can’t wait! Until then, you can check out all of my furniture flips here.
Have you ever done any furniture makeovers yourself before? Or do you have a favorite hardware go-to you’d be willing to share? Even if you are afraid to take that first step to paint a piece, if you can handle a screwdriver, you can still give anything a lovely new look.